thebritishbooknerd

The British Book Nerd

My name is Tiffa, I'm a book blogger and reviewer and I run the blog http://thebritishbooknerd.blogspot.co.uk. I love to blog about books and everything to do with books! I also create YouTube videos.
Transfusion (Aurora Sky: Vampire Hunter, #1) - Nikki Jefford I received an e-Book copy of this book for a blog tour, in exchange for an honest review.

Transfusion was a fantastic book that kept me on edge and propelled me to keep on turning the pages to read more and more. This novel was incredibly unique with such an interesting, well thought out and fascinating plot that I didn’t want it to end! Throughout the entire book, you can easily tell how fresh, fun and original everything is, right down to the littlest of details.

Aurora Sky is a bit of a social outcast, but is determined to keep calm and carry on throughout her remaining time left at High School. Aurora has been accepted at a top league college, Notre Dame, and can’t wait to get out of her small town in Alaska. Suddenly, Aurora is in a car crash that leaves her fatally injured and on the verge of death – until suddenly, the government steps in with a proposal. Aurora’s mother happily signs away her daughter’s future to the government to save Aurora’s life. The downside (at least, Aurora think so), is that she has now unwillingly become a Vampire Hunter. With the help of a special vaccination created by the government, mixed with her rare blood type, Aurora’s blood temporarily paralyses any Vampire who may happen to bite her. Aurora is sent out into the field, with her mentor, Dante, to assassinate any Vampires that she finds.

I loved Aurora’s character; she was such a typical teenager that it made me smile. She’s stubborn, hot-headed and doesn’t get along with her parents very well. Other than that, Aurora is also funny, smart and well grounded. Obviously, Aurora has been through a lot, but I found that throughout the novel her character was constantly growing and maturing into an even better version of her original self. I was constantly laughing at different things Aurora would say or do; she has that teenage arrogance and witty sarcasm that made me like her character even more.

As for Fane’s character, I loved him from the start. He’s dark and mysterious, brooding and alluring. I’ve probably mentioned how much I love those characteristics in male characters before – but I’ll say it again – I love them! Alongside with being all mystifying and puzzling, he was also really sweet, kind and cares a great deal about the people in his life. The book doesn’t got a whole lot deeper into Fane’s character, which was a bit disappointing, but none the less, I thought his character was great.

I loved the fact that the relationship between Aurora and Fane was not insta-love. Sometimes I can read it and enjoy it, but most of the time it really irritates me because things just don’t happen like that in real life. Aurora and Fane’s relationship grows and blossoms into a passionate and sweet relationship. They connected on a whole different level and the chemistry between them was really intense. I loved how they took time to get to know each other and how much Fane took care to Aurora. It made their relationship even more believable and sweet.

Although I was pretty much in love with this book, I ended up bumping it down a star because at times, the plot got a little confusing and often one scene would suddenly jump quickly to another with no warning what so ever. I also thought that the novel was a little rushed and wished it could have gone into a little more detail in certain places. However, these things did not diminish my opinion of Transfusion. I thought Nikki Jefford’s writing was amazing and captured the everyday teen’s actions and personalities really well – I’ll definitely be reading more by Nikki Jefford in the future. Overall, I really enjoyed reading Transfusion - it was such a fantastic read - and I can’t wait for the sequel to be released!